Work from Home in Social Media
Work in the Comfort of Your Home
Are you a homemaker who wants to make money during your free time? Are you a regular employee who hates traffic and rush hours? No worries if you were both.
Next question is important for you to give 'yes!' as the answer -- do you always use Facebook and Twitter? Do you love posting pictures on Pinterest? If you gave 'yes!' to all -- then you have a high chance of getting online projects doing social media marketing on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. *** Have you tried using IFTT.com?
More and more career-oriented mommies are opting to stay at home now. They have clear priorities: family first, career second. Raising the children gives more personal satisfaction than receiving salary raise.
Nowadays, even daddies do not mind looking after the kids. More men are getting more understanding on career issues. They are not quite so sensitive when their wives get higher salaries and more opportunities on promotion. Modern husbands can change baby diapers and can load the washing machine.
Of course, earning a few (or more) bucks on the side--without leaving the house--will surely be highly-appreciated by these family persons.
How To Use Hootsuite For Business Tutorial
Find Jobs that Fit Your Skills
The only tool you need is a computer with an Internet connection, preferably the fixed wireless broadband type. A proper workplace is not a necessity - yet. But you have to develop a regular habit of checking your email: whether before going to bed at night or after washing the dishes in the evening.
Upon joining oDesk in 2007, I started working in small projects. I also squeezed in taking tests so my skill level goes up. Anyone wanting to join oDesk, please click HERE. Registration is totally no charge -- just like HubPages.
Take note: Most of the legitimate sites on the Internet that will help you earn honest money from online jobs are free! So beware of sites that ask money upon registration.
Now, let's have a brief self-assessment. Tick the skills that you have:
- type (or encode)
- data entry (copy-and-paste)
- office skills
- write (article or blog)
- graphics art
- web design
- software design
- web research
- social media marketing
These are just a few of the skills which are quite in-demand now in online job markets.
All set for the great career move? Here's the good news - you can start NOW.
Make Money Online During Your Free Time
The internet could turn wider than the universe when you're looking for something unique and specific. A dollar-earner job that could be done on your spare time seems impossible to find. Wrong. It might be difficult at first, but certainly not unreachable.
You can start looking on these sites:
As you get used to exploring online job markets, you will discover many more places where you can earn dollars. The most important values you should acquire is dedication, patience, enthusiasm, and time availability. Email messages must be replied to within 12 hours -- not 24 hours!
* From personal experience, I am regularly earning from projects in oDesk. Once upon a time, I was able to earn from Freelancer. I haven't tried again lately but the system maybe easy to figure out now.
oDesk - Changing How the World Works
How to Get Started
- After creating an account, build a complete profile. Provide personal records on education, employment, and portfolio. Take skills tests when available.
- Apply for jobs everyday. You must study the job description first. Create a good application letter because you could be judged by the way you write. (Always check grammar and spellings in MS Word.)
- Lower your bids, so that you'll have higher chance of getting hired.
- This is important: check your email everyday.
Be Positive and Professional
Never lose hope. It could take weeks or months. Just keep on looking. Always keep this in mind: you have no alternative but to succeed!
And while you're waiting for the nice break, you can also try your hand at writing. As a freelance writer, you will be your own boss. Of course, a bit of self-discipline is needed to make it worth your while. A couple of article per week is not bad for a beginner.
These sites could open doors to your freelance writing careers:
One important tip: do not shell out any dollars on your job hunting expeditions. You want to earn money, not spend it.
* From personal experience, I earn regular money from HubPages and sometimes in Blogger using Adsense. The 2 sites require a Google Adsense account.
How To Use Scribd, Squidoo, and Hubpages to Make Money Online
How to Get Paid for Online Jobs
Here's the best, and most inspiring, part: you can get paid online in various and legitimate ways; but Paypal is the most common payment method. Your only requirement is your email address.
Ways to Withdraw Money from Online Jobs:
- Check - sent thru snail mail. This could be frustrating because of the long wait!
- Money Transfer - sent in a zip! Just make sure the amount of money withdrawn can accommodate the high transfer fee.
- Debit Cards - must apply for it but only when available. One example is Payoneer.
- Paypal or Skrill - must create an account but only when available.
Welcome, Dollar-Earners from Home!
Paypal Tutorial - Account Setup
Create Photo Collage from your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram Photos Using Loupe
This Hub was last updated on March 13, 2013
You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this article up or down.